Quality Control Manager
Exciting organization in the medical device industry
Excellent company culture for their employees
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer serving the medical device community for 25+ years. They are based out of the NW suburbs of Illinois.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversight of all aspects of projects assigned to quality engineering department including but not limited to establishment of clear objectives, planning and scheduling, data trending and analysis, cost assessment, training, implementation, reporting, etc.
- Effective closure of quality investigations including CAPAs by mentoring and coaching investigation owners to ensure comprehension, development and execution of corrective/preventive action with regards to cited nonconformity
- Identify and communicate to quality leadership issues that impact product purity, quality, safety or efficacy, regulatory compliance or business continuity
- Identify and continually improve process effectiveness
- Ensure key site representation at external regulatory body audits
- Monitoring of KPIs and process measures for the assigned area of management
- Development of resources planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity
- Procurement and assignment of Quality Engineering resources and general administration of the Quality Engineering department
The Successful Applicant
- Prefer experience in a medical or combo device industry; pharma a plus
- Knowledge of Inspection tools & root cause analysis tools
- Success in implementing a cell manufacturing structure from a quality perspective a plus
- Six sigma or lean experience a plus
- Success in meeting or exceeding KPI's
- Enjoy operating in a fast-paced, highly technical manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge in applications such a Microsoft suite & SAP preferred
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent experience
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Great benefits package - annual bonus, matching 401k, medical, dental, life.
- 15 PTO Days