Quality Control Manager
Opportunity to grow and develop a highly motivated and talented team
Work with professionals driven by dedication to product quality
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) of personal care and pharmaceutical products for prominent global brands and retailers in the health care and cosmetics industries.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manages the day-to-day cGMP laboratory activities of QC analysts and scientists directed toward accurate and timely release testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished products.
- Provide expert guidance to Manufacturing, Production, R&D, and other departments regarding quality and cGMP issues to ensure compliance with regulated standards.
- Support FDA inspections, third party audits, and Regulatory submissions as they relate to QC Chemistry and Analytical Support Services.
- Evaluation of newly developed in-house methods or compendial methods for suitability and acceptability
- Ensures the successful transfer of new methods to QC and the validation/re-validation of existing methods and instrumentation are performed as required and in accordance with the Method Validation Program and applicable regulations.
- Lead and/or provide directional support to staff related to cGMP laboratory investigations (e.g., OOS/OOTr, deviation and CAPA).
- Contributes to the effective and efficient operations of the laboratory in terms of workflows, people flows, laboratory equipment, and staff training.
- Assists with talent recruitment and leads a highly motivated, efficient and effective team.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry or related scientific discipline and 8-10 years of GMP experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- At least 5 years of experience with increasing responsibilities in management of cGMP laboratory operations and method validation, with a minimum of 3 years supervisory/leadership experience required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
What's on Offer
- Excellent base salary
- Bonus opportunity
- Growth opportunity
- Very competitive benefits package
- Leadership role with multiple direct reports
- Flexibility of a start-up environment
- Strong innovative culture and atmosphere