Quality Engineer (Injection Molding)
Great opportunity to join a company that is rapidly growing
Excellent company culture for their employees
About Our Client
Our client is an employee owned organization known for excellent quality and customer service. They specialize in injection molding and are ISO/TS certified. They serve clients throughout the world and are expanding rapidly. They are seeking a Quality Engineer to join their team due to their continued growth.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Creates and utilizes KPI's (key performance indicators) and tools to recording and analyzing product quality levels and interprets and reports trends and improvement plans as part of the quality system.
- Manage customer requirements, able to initiate and contribute to corrective/ preventive actions and continuous improvement activities.
- Participates in root cause and corrective action investigation efforts, resulting from MRB activity.
- Provides direction in implementing Incoming Inspection plans, First Article Inspection, In-Process, and Final
- Product Inspection, Sampling Plans, inspection and test acceptance criteria, and resolve non-conformances.
- Assists in ensuring product development activities have all necessary Quality Engineering supporting justifications.
- Interacts with third party customers, outside testing laboratories and provides Quality Engineering assistance where needed on specific issues.
- Assists in identifying root causes and coordinate corrective action to quality issues in Packaging and Inspection and the Sterile Facility.
- Assist SQC lab supervisor with technical issues involving injector functionality, component testing, and protocol execution
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years related experience leading or employed in a quality function.
- Experience in NPD, automotive, electronics or electromechanical manufacturing environment
- Experience in injection molding & assembly process is preferred
- Certified Quality Engineer is a plus
- Six Sigma certification/ Experience is a plus
- Experience in IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 is a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $75,000-$95,000, depending on project experience
- Performance based bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 15 PTO Days
- 401(k) with 5% company match