Global Leading Tier 1 Automotive Supplier for Interior Plastics
Great work life balance
About Our Client
Our client for the Quality Engineer opportunity is a global automotive tier 1 supplier specializing in interior and exterior injection molded plastics components. This group has 8 manufacturing plants in the Americas region.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning activities such as PFMEA, Pre-Production Control Plans, Flow Diagrams and In-Process Inspection Sheets.
- Interact with the Customer on overall quality strategy, GD&T reviews, checking fixture design reviews, documentation reviews, pre-buyoff/ buyoff activities and PPAP activities.
- Strong knowledge of Customer requirements, specifications and systems to be able to provide technical and administrative support to the project.
- Recommends or implements the appropriate corrective action to quality problems in the assigned area with the aid of manufacturing engineering, design engineering, purchasing, etc.
- Reviews all documentation related to product quality in the assigned area, such as test procedures and operation sheets, and approves as appropriate to ensure product quality.
- Review quality trends associated with his/her assigned product or program and for participating in the generation and implementation of defect-reduction programs.
- Generates or implements defect-reductions activities.
- Identifies and reports quality problems or trends in the assigned area or product based on data from a variety of sources.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in automotive Tier 1 engineering
- Experience working with OEM customers - FCA highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of APQP, GD&T, PPAP, Gauge Design and Review, Sample Submissions
- Injection molding experience highly preferred
- Must have Tier 1 automotive supplier experience
- Strong communication skills and able to communicate with customers.
- Team player and collaborative, able to work in a diverse global organization
- Strategic thinker and leader - able to see the big picture
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Ability to travel 30-40% within the US, Canada and Mexico
What's on Offer
Great work environment, life balance - 8 - 5 job.
$80,000 - $95,000