- Lead and manage manufacturing engineering team for an entire plant
- Employee stock option plan
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest automotive OEM suppliers in the world, with plants & offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. Located near Oak Park, the Quality Department is looking to bring on a Quality Engineer with experience in quality engineering (preferably in automotive or a regulated industry) who enjoys working within manufacturing and having their own customers/suppliers to interact with daily
- Responsible for managing customer quality issues.
- Defines and implements production part qualification requirements as a function of their thorough understanding of the customer quality requirements
- Supports operations team to understand Customer requirements
- Collects data and lead cross-functioning team activities to reduce scrap and outgoing inspection rejects.
- Responsible for managing customer audits, scheduling, leading, follow up, and closure on all audit actions.
- First point of contact for customer compliance, product quality, and process quality issues - expected to partner with Manufacturing, various Engineering teams, and Purchasing, Supply Chain, Sales, and Operations management.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree (engineering or technical degree)
- 3+ years of experience in quality role as an automotive supplier
- Experience in quality and manufacturing systems, business process improvement tools, and problem-solving.
- Experience with the ISO 9001/ TS 16949 or ISO 9001/IATF16949 standard is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean, capability studies, GRR, Control Plan, FMEA, PPAP, zero-defect manufacturing processes, inspection methods, and tools
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $80,000 to $95,000/year
- Comprehensive benefits
- medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) & company retirement plan
- S&L disability
- Employee wellness program
- 3 weeks PTO & 13 Holidays
- Bonus potential