- Opportunity to grow.
- Potential 25% bonus.
About Our Client
Our Client is a Producer of Commercial Electronics. Its customers include big box home improvement chains like Home Depot and Ace Hardware. They are looking to add a supplier quality engineer to their team to their team to help improve the flow of their supply chain and quality processes.
- Drive supplier performance that meet or exceed DPPM quality goals established by the business including targets created for each supplier
- Leverage corrective action process (8D), supplier audits, ensure supplier compliance and drive supplier improvement plans in conjunction with Commodity Managers, Buyers, and Plant Quality
- Manage supplier quality relationships and performance for assigned suppliers through continued communication and site visits to ensure the highest of quality manufacturing processes
- Responsible for new product and design change part approval through First Article Review, parts measurement, verification, and validation of test results
- Perform on-site supplier Quality System and Process audits
- Work with suppliers to develop inspection plans that ensure quality metrics are met and align with specifications (including significant characteristics)
- Monitor supplier production by conducting in-process and end-of-line source inspections Lead supplier performance improvement projects
- Manage immediate quality issues through cross functional collaboration; confirm supplier quality issues do not put production at risk
- Facilitate and/or lead quality problem solving (8D) activities with suppliers to prevent recurrence
- Establish short and long term quality plans and work with Suppliers, Sourcing, Internal Engineering and Plant teams to drive corrective and preventative quality initiatives in the supply base
- Be a subject matter expert on the manufacturing methods of specific commodity categories such as stamping, plastics, fasteners, etc.
- Foster a mentality of Zero Defects with suppliers
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Someone that is very approachable
- Easy to talk with, good to talk with other people
- Firm and assertive
- Presentation Skills - Will have to present
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary 95,000-105,000
- Bonus eligible, 15%
- 401k match of 4%
- 21 days of Vacation
- 7.5 days of sick time