Quality Engineering Manager - Defense Electronics Manufacturing
Growth role with a connectors manufacturer for aerospace & defense
This position will drive quality, tools, metrics, and systems across locations
About Our Client
Our latest client is a leading interconnectors provider for the commercial, electronics, aerospace, and defense markets. This division, based on the North Shore of Boston, supports RF and microwave components and has grown to an industry leader over the last several years.
- Develops, implements and maintains quality systems to capture, monitor, and manage product and process quality to support company tactical and strategic business goals and objectives.
- Assists in the development of and monitors business process performance metrics/indicators as part of total quality management, and makes recommendations and implements process improvements.
- Directs Quality Assurance resources and works collaboratively with all functions to drive the Total Quality goals of the Company.
- Establishes and implements a supply chain quality program including supplier qualification, audits, etc. in conjunction with operations.
- Establish and implement uniform processes for qualification of products/processes for internal and external customers.
- Manage responses for customer related quality issues including failure analysis, corrective actions, etc. in conjunction with other functional areas as required.
- Establishes, implements and maintains a robust corrective action process inclusive of six sigma, design for manufacture, design for assembly, failure mode and effects analysis, and lean manufacturing principles across all functions.
- Prepares for and represents the division at customer, supplier quality, ISO and related audits
- Identifies, develops, and implements processes and training programs needed to support tactical and strategic Total Quality goals and objectives.
The Successful Applicant
- BS technical degree required, preferably in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of quality management experience in electronics manufacturing, preferably supporting aerospace and defense
- Must have working knowledge of ISO9001 & AS9100 QMS
- Proficiency in total quality, six sigma and lean manufacturing techniques, design for manufacturability, design for assembly, failure mode and effects analysis techniques in a design and manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- 10-20% bonus
- Growth role; opportunity to hire a Quality Engineer with a pathway to Manager or Manager to Director
- Strong benefits package
- Multisite leadership
- Opportunity to unify quality metrics and systems across locations
- Relocation for qualified candidates