Quality Manager, Bolingbrook
Leading Metal Manufacturer
Over 70 years of experience
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer serving the automotive, construction, agriculture and energy industries. With 3 locations throughout the Midwest, they seek a Quality Manager to oversee their Quality department for their Illinois location which is 180,000 square feet. Their services include finishing, fabrication and heat treatment among others. They are TS and ISO9002 certified and have been financially stable year over year.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Oversight of all aspects of projects assigned to quality engineering department including but not limited to establishment of clear objectives, planning and scheduling, data trending and analysis, cost assessment, training, implementation, reporting, etc.
- Effective closure of quality investigations including CAPAs by mentoring and coaching investigation owners to ensure comprehension, development and execution of corrective/preventive action with regards to cited nonconformity
- Identify and communicate to quality leadership issues that impact product purity, quality, safety or efficacy, regulatory compliance or business continuity
- Identify and continually improve process effectiveness
- Ensure key site representation at external regulatory body audits
- Monitoring of KPIs and process measures for the assigned area of management
- Development of resources planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity
- Procurement and assignment of Quality Engineering resources and general administration of the Quality Engineering department
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's in engineering or related undergraduate degree
- 7+ years of experience in a combination of Manufacturing and/or Quality experience Certificates and Licenses
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Sound problem solving skills with familiarity with 8-D, 5-Why, Fishbone, etc.…
- Ability to manage time efficiently and address multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated competence to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.…
- Knowledge of calibration, inspection methods, blueprint reading, GD&T, statistics, and process capability
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with ISO/IATF 16949
- General understanding of Automotive quality requirements, i.e., APQP, PPAP, FMEA and MSA
- CQE or CQM certification through ASQ a plus
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $80,000-$110,000, depending on experience and skills
- Profit Sharing, paid consistently over the last 10 years
- Great benefits package - annual bonus, matching 401k, medical, dental, life.
- 15 PTO Days