Quality Manager-Consumer Packaging
Over $6B in Revenue
Fortune 500 Company
About Our Client
Headquartered out of Indiana, our client is a global manufacturer which supports consumer packaging and specialty materials. The QA Manager will be the site quality representative internally to management, employees and externally to our customers and vendors.
- Provides direction, coaching, and training for all quality team members and ensures they work safely.
- Utilizes process control methodology (Six Sigma, SPC, Designed Experiments, etc...) to solve problems and improve process control and capability.
- Supports the efforts of the process engineers in investigating and resolving quality issues, making recommendations for preventive action, optimizing current products and processes and commercializing new products.
- Develop and maintain systems including performance measurements, failure costs, control systems, quality standards, product and process capability for all raw materials and finished products by utilizing such tools as statistical methods, pareto charts, flow charting and failure mode effects analysis.
- Establish and maintain a process and quality assurance audit function to ensure compliance to standards and specifications. Develop corrective action plans and systems.
- Direct efforts in gaining and maintaining knowledge of trends in the industry that lead to improvements in product quality, product consistency, process efficiency or cost reductions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similar
- Minimum of seven years of increasing responsibilities in a manufacturing environment (preferably in extrusion, textile or paper)
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred
- 5 years of Quality Management experience in a manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $90,000-$110,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Performance based bonus opportunity
- Comprehensive benefits package (100% Coverage for Individual & Dependents)
- 15 PTO Days
- 401(k) with 5% company match