R&D Engineer II - Medical Device- Natick MA
Rapidly growing OEM Medical Device company
Senior level role - must have experience with plastics/polymers
About Our Client
Our latest client is an international class III OEM medical device manufacturer based in the Boston Metro West area.
The R&D Engineer II will:
- Primary responsibilities include the identification, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives for existing and new technologies.
- Responsible for innovation and associated technology evolution into product, with a fast-fail and collaborative approach to product development.
- Help in guiding the R&D team in the planning and development of projects. Provide guidance in establishing approach consistent with the quality management system (QMS).
- Act as liaison between assigned product engineering staff and Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Manufacturing and any other relevant internal staff and outside resources.
- Maintain Design Control procedures to ensure they meet current regulatory requirements and provide a clear and efficient product design process.
- Manage patent efforts including documentation, research, filing, and patent maintenance requirements.
The Successful Applicant
The R&D Engineer II for this role will have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering Discipline
- A minimum of 3-7 years experience in a research/designing role within medical devices
- Background in material science/polymer science is a big plus.
- Plastics experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience with thin films, thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), degradable polymers, etc.
- A collaborative approach and willingness to "wear different hats"
Please let me know if you would be a good fit or if you know someone in your Network that would be interested, I can offer you a $400 gift card for any placed referral!
What's on Offer
The R&D Engineer II Position comes with:
- Great working culture
- Industry leading benefits package
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Eligibility for bonus