Real Estate Acquisitions Associate - Senior Housing
Growing Chicago-based Real Estate Private Equity firm
Work with a very talented team of Acquisitions professionals
About Our Client
The Company is an award-winning real estate private equity firm in Chicago which has gone from strength to strength the past 25+ years. Our Client has benefited from hiring extremely talented people.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The activities of the Real Estate Acquisitions Associate - Senior Housing listed here are not all-inclusive; rather, they indicate the types of activities normally performed by this position. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Evaluating and underwriting potential new senior living investment opportunities using an Excel based model. The evaluation process may include, but is not limited to, the following activities: reviewing P&L statements, rent rolls, and tax statements; researching and analyzing demographic, economic, and real estate market data to recognize market trends in order to support all underwriting assumptions with a high level of certainty
- Modeling and cash flow analysis of existing portfolio and potential new investments.
- Attend and participate in weekly investment committee meetings.
- Maintain detailed pipeline of potential new investments to be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- Prepare presentation material for possible new acquisitions.
- Be instrumental in the writing and production of investment memorandums and related marketing collateral.
- Instrumental in the due diligence and closing processes.
- Recognize and evaluate trends in financial statements
- Provide overall support for the Senior Housing team with a willingness to learn and an enthusiasm for real estate.
- Supports all property sales and acquisitions by participating in the due diligence process.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for Real Estate Acquisitions Associate - Senior Housing position, you should be comfortable with building and manipulating financial models using Excel spreadsheets to project long-term cash flows and calculate projected returns on investment.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, economics) with a 3.5 GPA or higher
- A minimum of two (2) years of senior housing or multi-family real estate analysis, investment, or asset management experience
- Documented knowledge of real estate cash flow modeling using Microsoft Excel and other analytical and quantitative skills and financial concepts (DCF, ROI, IRR, NPV, Cap Rate, etc.), as well as factors effecting these metrics
- Ability to manage competing priorities with a strong attention to accuracy and detail, and to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Self-motivated, honest, creative, and resourceful
What's on Offer
The target base salary for the Real Estate Acquisitions Associate - Senior Housing is $70k-$80k, commensurate with experience. Additionally, the position will be eligible for:
- 10%-15% annual bonus (with multipliers)
- Annual company equity grants, based on company and fund performance
- Excellent benefits, including 401K match, PTO, etc.
- Other incentives