Real Estate Associate
Work with industry leaders
Close knit team
About Our Client
Houston based Private Equity firm that acquires and develops all product types with an emphasis on mixed-use projects.
The Real Estate Associate will be involved in all aspects of the investment cycle from cradle to grave. Below are some of the tasks the Associate will be responsible for:
- Maintain and run financial models on existing funds, assets and/or acquisitions using Argus, DCF Models or other similar financial tools.
- Maintain close relationships with brokers in target markets to find and source off market deals.
- Create sophisticated analyses for tracking and reviewing returns and performance on Asset and Fund levels
- Conduct sub-market research, including the collection and analysis of numerous categories of market data
- Evaluate research data and produce real time valuation
- Understand and be proficient in forecasting cash distributions and cash requirements for assets and funds
- Update and complete various investor reports, including financial snapshots and qualitative summaries
- Provide support in modeling and analyzing financial data regarding refinancing, acquisitions and/or disposition of investments
- Communicate with people inside and outside the organization (Asset Management, Acquisitions, Legal, Accounting, Operating Partners, etc.)
- Prepare and present reporting to executives and committees
- Manage 1 or more Analyst direct reports
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Real Estate Associate candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of direct Real Estate investment experience
- Undergraduate degree required. Masters/MBA preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and Excel modeling capabilities; exposure to ARGUS a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internal and external professional communications
- Understanding of private equity, investment risk and real estate investments.
- Prefer candidates who have exposure to all commercial real estate properties/assets (office, mixed-use, high density urban projects a plus)
- Must be a motivated and driven individual who can work well in a small team setting.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive base pay and a strong bonus. Candidates will also receive mentor-ship and continued education/ training from industry leaders.