- Work on Multifamily Development projects from conception to completion
- Join a reputable company with flexibility and work life balance
About Our Client
My client is an established luxury single home and Multifamily real estate developer with presence in various locations across the US. The team is currently looking for a Development professional to join their Greater Boston office and run projects from conception to completion.
The Development professional will directly report into the Director and have the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with and support the regional Apartment Living development team in evaluating new multifamily development opportunities and on-going projects already in development as well as supporting asset management of existing properties.
- Prepare and maintain proformas and other financial models for the evaluation of new real estate developments, joint ventures, bank loans and other project finance activities.
- Analyze and produce development, construction budgets and estimates.
- Assist in gathering due diligence reports and materials for development opportunities
- Provide support for acquisition, financing and, disposition process for multifamily developments.
- Prepare financial modeling to support and guide acquisition and asset management decisions.
- Prepare and present presentation materials on development opportunities for internal and external use.
- Analyze and monitor financial performance of properties including financial modeling, benchmarking to budget, and collaborating with management in executing business plans.
- Direct the development of site and building design documents. Provide input throughout the design process for improved building, unit, amenity and site programming and layout.
- Assist in bidding, scoping & buy-out of development and construction costs payment processing
- Participate in the leadership of new construction projects
- Process RFIs, submittals, change orders & directives
- Analyze the overall market and monitor industry trends
- Assist in transaction sourcing
- Manage all members of the internal project team to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget.
- Manage all members of the external team of engineers, architects, other consultants, subcontractors and vendors to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget.
- Responsible for the oversight of the daily project activities of the third-party construction manager on-site team and all trade subcontractors.
- Review monthly report completed by the third-party construction manager.
- Conducts all business in an ethical and professional manner while serving stakeholders and increasing the goodwill and profit of the company
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
A ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Bachelor degree in Real Estate, Construction or related field
- 5+ years experience in real estate development of multifamily projects
- Exposure ground-up development projects with 250+ units
- Proficient in entitlements, permitting, conception to completion processes
- Ability to visit sites and independently running processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
In return a successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive base salary $150-200k
- Bonus potential
- Share equity program (eligible for after two years)
- Benefit package inclduing 401k
- Flexible and hybrid working environment