Real Estate Development- Senior Analyst
Opportunity for growth and clear career progression
Work with one of the largest real estate developers
About Our Client
One of the largest Real Estate Developers in the U.S. Reputable firm with strong financial backing
Daily responsibilities of the Development Analyst will include articulating businesses cases, sourcing deals, underwriting and structuring investments, performing due diligence and documenting and finalizing contracts and acting as a liaison with legal, financial, engineering and other third party advisors and consultants
- Develop advanced financial modeling using Excel and Argus: assemble and modify cash flow models for development and investments. Utilize judgment to develop and form strong opinions on various underwriting assumptions and appropriate pricing/return parameters.
- Manage and coordinate proposals, letters of intent, leases, purchase & sale agreements, and partnership agreements. Assist in deal structuring and coordination of deal closing with counsel.
- Gather, organize, and present demographic, economic, and real estate market research, draw objective conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Analyze and review leases, operating statements, development budgets, and third party due diligence reports.
- Acquire key property and market information by gathering information from deal leads, brokers, property managers, etc.
- Compare and analyze proforma building budgets versus actual costs, rents and operating expenses at stabilization.
- Undertake due diligence responsibilities on potential acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures.
- Support business development and sales opportunities, provide assistance on special projects, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Participate in planning and design efforts for new developments.
The Successful Applicant
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Finance or Real Estate, preferably with a minimum of 2 years of relevant underwriting, financial modeling and commercial real estate work experience.
- MBA is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is required. Argus experience is preferred.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines. Must take initiative, analyze assignments, identify sub-tasks, prioritize, and keep various assignments moving simultaneously.
- Extremely high energy, fast-paced and driven to succeed. Ability to work efficiently autonomously or as a member of a team.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
What's on Offer
Competitive salary dependent on experience.