- Join a boutique Private Equity Real Estate Investment shop
- Directly work on acquisitions opportunities across multiple asset classes
About Our Client
Our client is an award-winning real estate private equity firm in the Midwest which has gone from strength to strength the past 25+ years. Our Client has benefited from hiring extremely talented people and focused on growing their business organically.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Real Estate Due Diligence Associate will be responsible for pre-acquisition due diligence and will also be involved in post-acquisition integration. The activities of the Real Estate Due Diligence Sr. Associate listed here are not all-inclusive.
- Drive financial, operational, and legal due diligence process for potential acquisitions
- Review and analyze financial and operational results of potential acquisitions
- Work seamlessly with internal and external teams, including acquisitions, legal, asset management, property management, operations, accounting/finance/tax, and capital markets, to provide an integrated approach to the due diligence process
- Liaise with and oversee the scope of work and deliverables of external consultants (e.g. engineers, property tax consultants, environmental consultants, etc.)
- Review contracts and lease documents
- Identifying liabilities and potential impacts
- Work with leadership team to create capital plans and post-acquisition operating budgets
- Partner with operating companies to integrate any acquisitions into existing portfolio
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for Real Estate Due Diligence Associate position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a relevant field of study (business, finance, real estate, economics)
- 1+ years of due diligence experience, preferably in real estate
- Ability to handle and analyze large volumes of data and effectively and accurately draw insightful conclusions
- Self-motivated, honest, creative, and resourceful
- Local to Chicago and willing to travel for site visits, when needed
What's on Offer
In return, a successful candidate for the Real Estate Due Diligence Associate will receive:
- Competitive base salary ranging between $80-95k based on experience
- Eligible for a 10% annual bonus
- Annual company equity grants, based on company and fund performance
- Excellent benefits, including 401K match, PTO, etc.
- Other incentives