- Well known Logistics company based in Manhattan
- Are looking for a Reconciliation Specialist
About Our Client
Well known Logistics company based in Manhattan.
The key responsibilities entail;
File Reconciliation - Responsible for the profit and loss reconciliation of all ocean, and air shipments for import and export operational files, as well as ocean clearance division. Exercise independent judgment when determining when files are to be completed or need further investigation for profit and loss discrepancies.
· Analyze the revenue and expenses of individual operational files to determine if there are any adjustments required based on the original quotation.
· Issue credit/debit notes to overseas agents to settle agreed upon profit share and handling fees
· Communicate effectively with operations or overseas operations in order to resolve problem files.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess;
· Must be able to efficiently and accurately reconcile large a/r and a/p statements to ensure a quick resolution of any discrepancies.
· Must have strong problem solving capability.
· Must be detail-oriented and inquisitive in finding answers and solutions.
· Must be flexible in order to meet fixed deadlines.
· Must be proficient in Excel in order to efficiently and accurately reconcile and upload agent statements.
· Must be able to anticipate potential problems and prioritize for resolution.
· Must be flexible and open to cross training for backup tasks within the accounting department when needed.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package.