Recruiter - Transportation & Logistics
You have experience recruiting in the trucking/logistics industry
Competitive base salary, bonus, and comprehensive benefits package
About Our Client
Our client is in the transportation and logistics industry and looking for their first recruiter to join the team. The key areas of focus will be CDL Drivers and Office positions.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage a timely candidate process within expected thresholds, which includes verifying that candidates for driver positions meet DOT and company standards before scheduling their orientation and road test.
- Actively source and manage driver leads via our recruitment platform, Tenstreet, inbound/outbound calls, e-mail, social media, resume, and other internet databases.
- For driver leads that may not currently meet our requirements or have interest in current openings, you will use our systems and processes to keep them engaged for the future.
- Manage the candidate processes such as ordering driving records, initiating background screening services, schedule road tests, orientation, and introduction to Management team.
- Monitor key HR Metrics, including time-to-fill, time-to-hire and source of hire.
- Actively demonstrate company commitment to diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure strong, diverse candidate selection.
- Expedite and ensure all new leads, candidate follow-up, and internal customer follow-up is executed with priority. Return all messages before leaving work each day.
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state hiring laws and regulations.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience of successful recruiting in the trucking/logistics industry.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant work experience
- Must have DOT/FMCSA regulation knowledge as it applies to Drivers.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with Applicant tracking systems and resume databases.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Fundamental knowledge of labor and employment laws.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary and bonus Great company culture