Regulatory Change Management Director/MD
One of the largest banks
Great benefits and perks
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest US banks and they are expending their teams quickly.
In addition to the above, this position will be responsible for the following:
- Identify areas for improvement and drive implementation of strategic financial reporting initiatives.
- Proactively lead the team in identifying and preparing for future regulatory, accounting, disclosure, and business changes
- Perform peer analysis focusing on current and future regulatory guidance in an effort to proactively address areas where WF may be an anomaly from its peers
- Raise awareness to management and critically drive strategic initiatives with the overall Firm in mind
- Understand interconnections and direction of various firm-wide strategic initiatives to ensure all change management activities/decisions are in-line with such initiatives.
- Understanding interaction between FASB accounting updates, business impacts and how that impacts related financial products in order to fully understand impacts to SEC & REG reporting.
- Provide consistent guidance to all stakeholders and influence outcomes while taking ownership for all projects under direct supervision.
- Ensure all stakeholders are identified and actively involved in the applicable project, setting up and leading steering committee discussions as necessary.
- Execute independently on certain strategic initiatives
- Represent within applicable industry groups and accounting related industry initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Deep financial institution or banking/capital markets industry knowledge/experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- SEC, Regulatory Reporting, and/or Accounting Policy Experience
- Ability to research and document SEC/GAAP/REG issues in clear and concise memorandums
- Strong computer skills required
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, organize, and manage projects beginning to end that require coordinated efforts across multiple functions (e.g., legal, operations, front-office, finance, corporate, etc.)
- Product knowledge in some or all of the following areas (loans, debt, derivatives, securities, repurchase agreements, securities lending, commodities, cash equities trading, credit trading, securities, etc.)
- General ledger experience to facilitate review
- Broad financial product knowledge throughout the banking and capital markets industry inclusive of investment banking, asset-backed financing, non-marketable equity investments, etc.
What's on Offer
- Competitive package
- Great benefits
- Strong growth opportunity