- Great opportunity at a leading banking institution.
- Strong work life balance
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial institution with headquarters in the greater NYC area.
- Supporting the Regulatory Reporting Policy department to develop, document, and maintain key rule interpretations and guidance for US regulatory reporting requirements (Vasel, SCCL, FR 2052a, RWA, FR Y15, 9c, FFIEC 002, etc)
- Keep track of and provide guidance to stakeholders for new and emerging regulatory rules and requirements
- Provide training on a regular basis for the company
- Demonstrate abilities to challenge data reported in all reporting schedules adhered to respective guidance, identify potential gaps, and develop remediation plans.
- Support governance and control requirements related to regulatory capital adequance and liquidity models
Work closely with business or other stakeholders to resolve emerging regulatory reporting requirements and respond to questions related to the regulatory reporting policies and standards.
Support relevant advocacy efforts and the implementation of regulatory reporting projects.
Assess regulatory reporting impacts and implications on the company's new products, new trades and complex business transactions provided by the Controllers regulatory reporting teams.
Interact with members of the Federal Reserve, Audit and other regulatory bodies on technical regulatory reporting matters.
Participate in industry forums related to regulatory capital, liquidity regulatory reporting, and other major regulatory reports. Assist the Regulatory Reporting Policy Dept head to provide technical expertise to shape SMBC's comment letters on all evolving regulations
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree - preferably in accounting, finance, business
- 8+ years of regulatory reporting experience in the banking industry
- Strong knowledge of capital requirements under US Basel, capital related reporting, and other major reports
- Good knowledge of market risk and credit risk
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to support large scale projects and collaborate with numerous areas across the firm.
What's on Offer
Competitve pay in a leadership role at an attractive company