- Opportunity for candidate with Consulting experience to join leading bank
- Opportunity to work with c suite at a leading bank
About Our Client
Leading International Corporate and Investment Bank with offices based in Manhattan
- Championing a customer focused culture to deepen regulatory relationships while leveraging broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge:
- Managing coordination of interactions with U.S. regulators, including but not limited to:
- Supporting U.S. oversight for regulatory examinations and regulatory monitoring
- Managing and coordinating events related to examinations and continuous monitoring, including negotiating scope and timing of reviews, monitoring and supporting delivery of requested information, and coordinating and attending regulatory meetings with control functions and business unit personnel
- Collaborating with U.S. Business and Control Function staff to provide guidance on regulatory matters and supporting their regulatory interactions
- Developing presentations for senior management meetings with regulatory stakeholders and regular reporting on regulatory matters to senior bank stakeholders and committees
- Support drafting of regulatory responses in coordination with other senior stakeholders and management
- Support monitoring and tracking of remediation commitments made by Scotiabank to Regulators and assist with execution of U.S. regulatory governance forum
- Assist with centralized issue management systems and repository where documents are stored and previous examination memos and reports are archived
- Ensuring timely submission of all requested daily, weekly and monthly reporting to our regulators
- Identifying risks arising from interactions with regulators and escalating them as appropriate
- Understanding how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursuing effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Championing a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- At least four years of experience at a Financial Services Firm, Consulting Firm, or Regulatory agency such as the FRB, FINRA etc. or a similar position in the financial services industry/ regulatory background.
- Prior consulting experience is a strong plus.
- An understanding of financial markets, products and control functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, with ability to multi task and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently with both regulatory staff and senior Bank personnel.
- Strong Office productivity skills (MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
What's on Offer
Attractive base and bonus
Exposure to C Suite at a leading Corporate and Investment bank