- One of the strongest and best run Development teams in the market.
- Strong career development within the PJM & MISO team.
About Our Client
One of the largest and most dominant IPPs in the Renewable Energy industry. A Solar pipeline of over 9GW, without including Wind, and Solar+.
The main duties and responsibilities for the Renewable Energy - Project Developer - Texas - include:
- Help secure key development milestones needed for utility-scale renewable energy projects, including site control, interconnection, and permits at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Support the structuring, negotiation, and execution of agreements with OEMs and EPC contractors.
- Support Origination team in securing offtake agreements for development projects.
- Help commission studies and reports (e.g., energy yield assessments, aviation & telecommunication studies, wildlife & cultural studies, etc.) and apply results to modify & enhance project viability.
- Manage wind/solar resource campaigns to ensure strength of onsite resource.
- Help with project budget, schedule, and financial pro forma to ensure project success.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations on potential M&A opportunities.
- Conduct market, competitor, policy, and regulatory analyses to support development activities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful Renewable Energy - Project Developer - Texas will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline
- 1-4 years relevant experience.
- MBA or related Masters degree preferred but not required.
- Ideally someone that's taken a Utility-Scale project through construction - highly desired.
- Preference on having project development, related experience, permitting or real estate experience.
- Demonstrate they have successfully independently managed contract negotiations.
- Demonstrate a thorough awareness of potential project development issues and ability to elevate issues to Directors / RVP in a timely, solutions-oriented way.
- Demonstrate successful project financing experience.
- Able to successfully work and communicate with members of Sr. Management, peers, and unaffiliated third parties.
What's on Offer
Base salary up to $140k
Exceptional benefits package.
4 weeks PTO
10+ company holidays
100% paid health insurance
401k plan with company contributions
Maternity leave 6 months paid
Paternity leave 6 weeks paid
Ideally based in PJM, MISO, or ERCOT regions. So, Chicago IL, Minneapolis MN, Charlottesville VA, Houston TX, etc