- Chance to Join Aerospace Component Manufacturer with 60 (+) Year History
- Candidates Outside of Aerospace Encouraged to Apply!
About Our Client
Our Client has been been supplying the commercial, business jet, military, rotorcraft and spacecraft markets for over 65 years. More specifically, our Client produces advanced manufacturing techniques in the design and fabrication of temperature sensors, thermocouple systems, interconnect cable-harness assemblies, probes and sensors.
The candidate must be highly proficient in all aspects of design engineering work including but not limited to review of customer drawings and specifications, preliminary design review, critical design review, and product readiness review. This position requires a self-motivated individual to design with regards to cost, manufacturability, and quality constraints in mind and someone that must be able to communicate and coordinate activities with other engineering disciplines and production as part of a team effort to achieve project completion in a timely manner.
- Lead new product development projects and handle all aspects of design engineering work including but not limited to: review of customer drawing and specification package, preliminary design review, critical design review, and product readiness review.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and direct work as agreed upon with the product line Chief engineer.
- Manage larger strategic projects such as product transfer from one facility to another, or major engineering process updates.
- Directly communicate with customers in the form of quotations, meetings and presentations to understand and define their needs; Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.
- Manage several projects at one time and maintain project schedules
- Guide drafting, internal/external test labs, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required.
- Oversee product qualification/certification and coordinate PDR/CDR and PRR activities as necessary.
- Support production in regards to quality and manufacturing related issues as needed.
- Manage all changes and problems related to product assigned.
- Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.
- Up to 25% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary.
- To conform with US export regulations and ITAR 120.15 and EAR Part 772, incumbents for this role should be eligible for any required authorizations from the US government.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the design and use of RTD, Thermocouples, Speed Sensors, and Pressure Sensors.
- Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
- Ability to make technical presentations internally and to customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate and fluent in solid modeling and related analysis software.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, Power Point).
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams.
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits.
- Exposure to electromagnetic/magnetic circuits a plus.
- Background in Aviation Industry a plus.
- Understanding and experience in Principles of Lean and Mistake proofing a plus.
- Master Cam experience a plus.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Master's Degree in related Engineering discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years design engineering experience or practical training is required.
- 5+ years in Aerospace industry preferred.
- Aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) cable, wiring harness and/or sensors knowledge a plus.
What's on Offer
- Avenues for growth available within Client's network of sister companies!
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time
- 401k with Company Match