Residential Construction Estimator
Work on a multitude of projects, town-homes, custom and semi-custom homes
Opportunity to work for a highly successful Austin builder
About Our Client
My client is a high end town home, custom and production home builder based in Austin. They specialize in everything from master planned communities, to multi-million dollar custom homes and town-home complexes. They are currently looking to add a strong lead estimator to their growing team. They offer excellent career progression, having their leadership team starting on the ground floor, and direct access to upper management.
- Manage all aspects of the reconstruction of homes from design to coordination of schedules, inspections during various construction phases, monitoring permits, and daily oversight of subcontractors.
- Must have strong estimating skills as this will be your main priority.
- Responsible for obtaining sub-contractor estimates and bids, performing project buyouts, and managing subcontractor's progress against plan.
- Schedule pre-construction site visits of all jobs that are under construction.
- Oversee the construction schedule, budget and ensure the project is completed within deadline and budget.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in construction management or related field (preferred); or a combination of experience and education.
- 7+ years experience in estimating
- Thorough knowledge of general construction with a good understanding of mechanical, electrical, plumbing.
- Strong customer service background and skills in the home building industry.
- Knowledge of construction practices and labor costs in construction, plus a good knowledge of the uses and costs of materials.
- Ability to multi-task, which requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and quality.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have a process improvement oriented mindset.
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
- Solid understanding of local, state and federal building code requirements
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Opportunity for growth
- Bonus structure