- Opportunity to join a growing regional homebuilder
- Managing all construction processes for a large pipeline of projects
About Our Client
Michael Page have partners with a growing Production and Town Home Builder within the Dallas market focusing on projects $550k+ in value and have a healthy pipeline of projects throughout thew next 3 years. Our client is looking for a Director of Construction to lead multiple projects throughout the Houston market and manage over the entire Construction Management team. The manager will be focused on a growing portfolio of ground up, luxury Town Home Projects within the Dallas and DFW Market
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Director of Construction will be responsible for leading the firms proposed growth plans as well as being solely responsible for all Project Management,Team Management, Scheduling, Sub Contractor Management and new process implementation. Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Lead all ground up construction projects from planning, scheduling, design and construction
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Determine labor requirements and works with field personnel and purchasing to meet objectives.
- Manages the new home starts process to ensure delivery of permits to meet the business plan.
The Successful Applicant
The Director of Construction must have a significant track record of Construction Management and team management positions and had experience of leading teams of Superintendents and Project Managers. Alongside this the successful candidate must have
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Related Degree
- 10 years (minimum) of Construction Department Management - Ideally from production or Town home backgrounds
- Experience of Ground Up Production and / Or Town Home construction projects
- Houston based construction market experience
- Solid Construction Planning Scheduling and Project Management experience
- Track record of process improvement, (On-site and Operational Processes)
What's on Offer
In return my client will offer a fantastic package that will include a base, 401k, Media, Health care and a lucrative Commission and Bonus package based on home closings, % of sale price and Customer Service Metrics.