Residential Estimator - Austin, TX
Opportunity to join a top tier production home builder
Senior Position within the Estimating dept for 1000+ Production homes
About Our Client
Michael Page are representing a large Single family home builder specializing in large scale production home projects throughout Central Texas. As a result of increased project Pipeline our client is searching for a Lead Estimator to join their growing purchasing and construction department.
Working Alongside construction professionals and the purchasing team the Lead Estimator will be responsible for preparing the direct job cost budgets for assigned homes or projects. This includes coordination of purchase order approval, printing and releases, bidding of jobs and the procurement of Labor and materials per site.
Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Negotiate prices, including terms and model discounts, with all Trade partners and, in addition, negotiate rebates from Manufacturers.
- Assist with the review, qualify and hire Trade partners
- Ensure that all necessary documentation has been collected from Trade partners prior to start of work and, thereafter, update on an annual basis. (i.e.: subcontract, W-9, pricing, scopes of work, occupational license, etc.)
- Solicit bids from outside trades on a routine basis to confirm current competitive rates from Trade partners
- Maintain all Cost V Budget documentation, Cost Variance Analysis and manage all takeoff bids, pay rolling and overall sub contractor management and compliance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Lead Estimator must have a significant track record of on and off site experience focused on Production home building. Alongside this you must posses:
- 5 years of construction-related experience
- Ability to analyze job cost variance data and take corrective actions.
- Organizational aptitude to manage the pre-construction job package routing and processing.
- Computer aptitude and willingness to learn to process needed data and to communicate via letters, etc.
- Must have significant software experience including: PlanSwift and various modeling experience
What's on Offer
In return my client is offering a fantastic benefits package that includes competitive salary, bonus and insurance.