- Purchasing Manager focused on leading all processes for 300+ home projects
- Opportunity to work remotely but projects based throughout Texas
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a leading Production Homebuilder specializing in Single Family and large affordable home neighborhoods throughout the Houston, TX market. As a result of continued growth and a healthy pipeline of projects throughout 2021 our client is searching for a Senior Purchasing manager to join their senior team and lead the Purchasing department through this significant growth phase
As a leading Single Family homebuilder our client is looking for a Senior Purchasing Manager to join their growing team. As a key component of this team you will be responsible for the company's Purchasing functions and assist in organising and awarding supplier contracts as well as full operational and team leadership for the Purchasing Department. Additionally, you will work with subcontractors and suppliers on purchasing materials and maintaining accurate contracts.
Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage all material and production takeoffs, estimating plans and compliance documentation
- manage and lead the team of Agents, Coordinators and Manager within the purchasing team.
- Be the liaise on and point of contact for all subcontractors and lead all selection processes, bid processing and product scheduling processes.
- Assist Construction with the management of subcontractors.
- Supervise bidding for on and off-site construction, analyze contract scope of work (including take-offs), and negotiate and question pricing
- Supervise the maintenance of and updates to master trade partner/subcontractor lists and subcontractor and supplier insurance policies.
- Manage the development of and updates to community options books with pricing, specs, and photos.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful senior purchasing professional must have a significant track record of working within the single family and homebuilding environment ideally for a Production Home builder. Alongside this you must posses:
- Minimum (5) five years of senior level residential construction experience in field operations required.
- Minimum of 7 years Senior Level Purchasing and team Management experience
- Ability to read and analyze on and off-site blueprints and understand relevant reports (i.e. grading, sewer and water, architectural CDs).
- Experience of scheduling, cost v budget analysis, cost projection and proforma writing.
- Full cycle purchasing management for single family projects ranging form 10 - 300 Single family homes.
What's on Offer
In return our client is offering a fantastic benefits package that includes competitive base salary, heal care, 401k and bonus opportunities.