- Assist with all building material purchasing processes for 250+ homes.
- Client has a healthy pipeline of projects through to 2023
About Our Client
As a result of continued growth and a healthy pipeline of projects throughout 2023 a leading national homebuilder is searching for a Senior Purchasing Agent to join their growing Purchasing team focused on Single Family Home building projects in Houston, TX.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
As a Purchasing Agent you will be responsible for the company's Purchasing functions and assist in organizing and awarding supplier contracts. Additionally, you will work with subcontractors and suppliers on purchasing materials and maintaining accurate contracts.
Alongside this your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Manage all material and production takeoffs, estimating plans and compliance documentation
- Be the liaise on and point of contact for all sub contractors and lead all selection processes, bid processing and product scheduling processes.
- Supervise bidding for on and off-site construction, analyze contract scope of work (including take-offs), and negotiate and question pricing
- Supervise the maintenance of and updates to master trade partner/subcontractor lists and subcontractor and supplier insurance policies.
- Manage the development of and updates to community options books with pricing, specs, and photos.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Purchasing professional must have a significant track record of working within the single family and home building environment ideally for a Production Home builder. Alongside this you must posses:
- Minimum (3) three years of residential construction experience in field operations required.
- Ability to read and analyze on and off-site blueprints and understand relevant reports (i.e. grading, sewer and water, architectural CDs).
- Experience of scheduling, cost v budget analysis, cost projection and proforma writing.
- Full cycle purchasing management for single family projects ranging form 100 - 300 Single family homes.
What's on Offer
In return our client is offering a fantastic benefits package that includes competitive base salary, health care, PTO, 401k and bonus opportunities.