- Work for a top Chicago GC with a large backlog of projects.
- Join an inclusive, highly motivated group of construction professionals.
About Our Client
Our client has been around for 20 years in the Chicago marketplace. They started as a developer doing residential and multifamily developments, and opened the GC arm 10-15 years ago. They do mainly multifamily, mid/high rise, commercial/ mixed use builds, high end restaurants and retail. They work on a mix of building own developments and bid private work as a GC, meaning they get the best of both worlds.
- Overseeing and directing projects from start to finish
- Directs and supervises work of project administration staff and construction engineers, as well as works in partnership with project superintendents to establish operational priorities
- Responsible for forecasting, tracking/reporting project costs/revenue and adherence to project estimates
- Responsible for problem resolution involving labor disputes, staffing, construction materials, construction equipment and contracts/subcontracts administration
- Coordinates with construction Safety Manager to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with established safety goals
- Develop strong relationships with Superintendents, Subcontractors, and Assistant Project Managers
- Maintain appropriate documentation through project such as RFI logs and change orders
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Project Management
- Multifamily experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or a related field is preferred
- Working knowledge of skilled trades including carpentry, masonry, concrete work, site excavation and grading, plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, and electrical.
- Working knowledge of construction technology and details. Candidate must be extremely proficient reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and clients.
- Strong experience in retail projects.
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $85,000 - $120,000, depending on experience
- Performance based bonus potential
- Vehicle allowance
- Family oriented company
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Paternity leave
- Comprehensive benefits package to include: 401(k), Dental insurance, Employee assistance program, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Vision insurance
- Referral bonus
- Short term/Long term disability
- Great opportunity to join a reputable brand, and well established company within the growing Chicago market