- Our client has a very strong pipeline of commercial projects throughout Chicago
- Strong opportunity to grow to project executive position
About Our Client
An up and coming general contractor is looking for a superintendent to take on a leadership position within their company. Our client was founded in 2010 and have continued to grow every year. In total they have around 25 employees and they did close to $20 million dollars with of revenue last year. They specialize in retail, commercial, and medical construction. They are a famiy oriented companh that values a good work life balance. In fact the have a half cour basketball court in the office and full bar on the top floor.
APPLY TODAY AND HAVE YOUR RESUME CONSIDERED WITHIN 24 HOURS.
- Negotiate all trade and vendor pricing per project to reach profitable agreements.
- Determine needed site resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to
- finish with attention to the project budget.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule all work on-site to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Assist in ordering materials and supplies.
- Schedule deliveries on-site.
- Provide a daily client update including project progress report and photographs; keep a daily log of what took place on-site for each project.
- Communicate with the client daily about the project and be prepared to answer their questions.
- Award all trade contracts and allocate their responsibilities.
- Communicate quality and performance standards to all trade contractors and vendors.
- Strive for no-defect, no schedule delay construction.
- Supervise the work of each project on-site and provide guidance as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards on the job site.
- Create the Project Close Out binder.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 6+ years of experience
- Ground up experience preferred
- Experience in commercial, retail, or medical construction
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, FastTrack, as well as other software platforms
- OSHA certified required
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Carpentry background preferred
What's on Offer
- Highly Competitive Compensation Package - depending on years of experience
- Strong Benefits Package - 100% paid for by employee for the employer
- 401K with company match
- Bonus potential
- Potential for company vehicle depending on level
- Flexible PTO - no set amount of days
- Paternity/maternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Company events
- Exposure to many different areas of the business