Safety Director - Commercial Construction
Top GC and market leader across the southeast; local projects - minimal travel
Fantastic company culture
About Our Client
This Columbia based, fast growing GC was established over 30 years ago, and has maintained a very strong reputation in the area. They specialize in various commercial sectors and are known for their employee satisfaction, resulting in long tenure and a culture that everyone can fit in with-tight knit and hard working team. Their core markets include big box, retail, education, healthcare, and light industrial. If you are looking for a terrific company culture, a growing GC, and an excellent work life balance, this Safety Director - Commercial Construction opportunity could be for you.
The Safety Director - Commercial Construction will be responsible for the following:
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through implementation of safety management programs.
- Develop a Safety Management Plan and serve as primary contact to OSHA in the event of a safety crisis.
- Become familiar with all regulations and requirements of all agencies that have authority over company projects.
- Oversee corporate safety program and ensure employee safety orientation training is administered as required. Ensure that the corporate safety program remains updated with the most current regulations, requirements, policies, etc.
- May be required to help obtain and issue required safety permits for work on projects in conjunction with Project team.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and maintenance records of all accidents, safety violations and unsafe conditions or activities.
- Review documentation to ensure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required. Ensure that all safety-related paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Accompany all safety, health and insurance inspectors on walk-through tours. Coordinate/assist in preparing written appeals for safety violation citations.
- Maintain safety and hazardous information publications and material and distribute to field personnel and others as required.
- Be primary liaison for the OSHA Partnership Agreement, ACI Safety Committee, and other such industry-related groups to ensure protocols and procedures remain up to date.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the OSHA 300 logs for to ensure their accuracy and compliance with the OSHA Partnership Agreement.
- Prepare and deliver safety training including OSHA 10-hour, OSHA 30-hour, Working at Heights, First Aid and CPR. Coordinate training with outside sources as required.
The Successful Applicant
The Safety Director - Commercial Construction should have:
- Bachelor's degree preferred (but not required)
- 6+ years construction safety management experience.
- 5+ years of large scale commercial construction experience highly preferred
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce federal, state, local and corporate regulations.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- OSHA 10 & 30 Required; OSHA 500 preferred
What's on Offer
The Safety Director - Commercial Construction will receive:
- Strong base salary (dependent on experience)
- Discretionary bonus
- Truck allowance
- Cell and laptop offered
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan offered
Please apply for consideration within 48 hours or call Arkadiy Kuvaev on 617-824-2651.