Reputable commercial GC with excellent company culture
Strong pipeline of commercial projects in the tri-state area
About Our Client
Renowned multimillion-dollar Commercial General Contractor with a presence in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Known for their strong quality of work and relationships within the community, this company provides its employees with a strong company culture, ample opportunity for growth, and bonus/benefits structure.
The Safety Manager will:
- Manage accident administration processes including investigation, review reporting and accident prevention follow-up. Investigate the "near miss" accident situations and develop accident prevention solutions and policies.
- Lead incident and "near miss" investigations and produce lessons learned for distribution to the entire company.
- Conduct safety related investigations.
- Enforce the implementation, coordination and administration of company health and safety programs
- Foster a proactive vs. reactive environment by managing in ways that optimize safety, relationships, and all components of the project (i.e., schedule regular meetings with key stakeholders, provide OSHA trainings to ensure compliance prior to job starts).
- Maintain approachability as a valuable resource to assist with safety and other related matters pertaining to the position.
- Remain up-to-date with all regulatory standards and share knowledge with appropriate parties to ensure thorough understanding and compliance
- Work with internal groups to update and maintain safety and health requirements in contract master agreements.
- Schedule and/or conduct trainings
- Ensure that subcontractors have submitted project specific safety plans
- Develop and manage rapport with customers and enforcement authorities
The Successful Applicant
The Safety Manager should have:
- At least 3 years' experience serving in a construction safety role
- Demonstrated success in accident administration, including investigation, report writing and analysis, and developing effective accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Proven ability to train stakeholders on safety rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and lessons learned
- Strong ability to communicate (both orally and written) in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrated ability to listen to the needs of the individual and analyze resolution methods in a professional and economical manner.
- Willing to travel as needed
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Strong technology skills
What's on Offer
The Safety Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus potential
- Full benefits - medical/dental; 401K; life insurance
- Paid sick days & holidays