Sales and Use Tax Accountant
Great work culture!
About Our Client
A technology / consumer product goods company is looking to hire a contract Sales and Use Tax Accountant.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Preparing and reviewing multi-state sales and use tax returns
- Reviews purchase invoices from Accounts Payable to determine use tax liability and self-accrue use taxes as required
- Maintains and update customer's sales tax exemption certificates
- Gathers required documents for sales tax audits
- Ensure compliance with state and local regulations
- Duration - 3 months plus
Schedule - M- F 9 AM - 5 PM (8 hours shift)
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 years minimum sales and use tax compliance experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Vertex experience with tax returns
- Oracle experience
- Able to review tax exemption certification
- Located in the Melville area
What's on Offer