Sales Engineer - Automotive OEM
Growing Global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier
Great company culture, company car, great benefits and 401K - free healthcare
About Our Client
Our client for the Automotive OEM Sales Engineer opportunity is a global manufacturer of highly engineered solutions for automotive, heavy duty, and commercial vehicles. This organization has been growing at a rapid pace and has been voted best places to work and has won several supplier of the year awards in consecutive years. They have double their sales in the last 5 years in North America and reaching close to $1 billion in sales globally. Excellent company culture, company car, healthcare is fully coverage by the company (vision, dental, medical), 401K match 100% to 6%.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Build strong customer relationships and strategic partnerships to assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products
- Manage new RFQs coming through the supply chain and create customize quotations
- Follow up on customer quotations ensuring execution
- Respond and take action to internal requests, while also responding to customer complaints and issues
- Work with purchasing and engineering on open action items
- Visit customer headquarters weekly or biweekly to follow up on account maintenance and pursue new business opportunities.
- Work with engineering and product development on new product ideas and prototyping
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Engineering or related
- 3-7 years of experience in automotive sales, application engineering, product engineering or similar
- Must have experience in a customer facing role dealing with customer issues
- Must have experience working with OEMs - Ford, GM, FCA, or others
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, margin calculations)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and ability to multitask
- Must have a customer oriented mindset (do what is best for the customer)
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus, company car and gas card, full benefits 100% paid by company, 401K match 100% up to 6%, holidays.