Innovative organization experiencing consistent growth and success
Seeking BSME with customer-facing experience
About Our Client
Our client is the leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs. Our client is a unit of a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales of $4B.
The Sales Applications Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze customer technical data to gain understanding of the customer's application and develop customer-specific solutions.
- Attend trade shows 2-3 times per year.
- Serve as a hub of activity; perform as a key interface between customers, field sales, service, marketing and engineering.
- Prepare and execute customer presentations, quotations, bid packages, and proposals.
- Utilize internal CRM system, Salesforce.com, to track customer inquiries, record leads, close opportunities, generate quotes, follow up with customers, forecast revenue and perform other sales and marketing analyses.
- Generate, review, and price special customer configurations, and provide written quotes for such configurations directly to the customer. Follow up on quotes directly with the customer or with the sales representative.
- Travel to customer sites (with local sales and/or applications staff) to present proposals, resolve technical issues, and assist in closing orders.
- Assist in the preparation of application notes, case studies, and technical literature
- Prepare, conduct, and participate in training and education programs focusing on product capabilities and applications.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants for the Sales Applications Engineer role should possess the following qualifications:
- B.S. in an Engineering or Physical Science. BSME or BS Physics a plus.
- 2-10 years of experience in technical sales or engineering, with a preference for experience in vibration measurement and control.
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
- Proficient in all MS-Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or other CRM, a plus.
- Previous experience with optical or electron microscopy, semiconductor equipment, materials research, or life science research desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for working with customers and in-house personnel.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment while focusing on the task at hand.
- Ability to travel about 10-20% of the time both domestically and internationally.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Positive work environment
- Opportunity to travel nationally