Enhance your skillset
Job Opportunity as a SAR Writer
About Our Client
- The SAR Analyst is responsible for identifying, reporting suspicious activity and/or mitigating risks in a timely manner;
- The SAR Analyst accomplishes this through reviewing, investigating and documenting the disposition of cases escalated from various sources as well as performing specialized and targeted monitoring using manual methods;
- Prepare SARs with pertinent details and clarity as per the current SAR Team procedures;
- Performs reconciliation of cases and generating 90-day follow up cases;
- Performs 90-day preliminary review (prepares wire transaction related data, separates continuing or non-continuing activities);
- Performs full QC process for every concluded SAR; Performs full QC process for every concluded Decision-Not-To-File and prepare each case for the Approval Committee review;
- Provide individual QC feedback to the SAR Analysts and to management;
- Project work which may include assisting with system testing; Communication of apparent anomalies and in conducting special investigations and responding to management queries;
- Assist with projects surrounding anti-money laundering (AML) initiatives;
- Understand and adheres to both the letter and the spirit of all laws, regulations and regulatory guidance that apply to the role.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-10 years relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of Transaction Monitoring and SAR filing policies and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of correspondent banking required. The candidate must have extensive experience reviewing activity and drafting SARs specifically in the area of correspondent banking.
- Sound understanding of due diligence, risk identification and mitigation.
- Demonstrated strong analytical (judgement) and high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral formats, including presentations to audiences ranging from Senior Management, Regulators, Auditors to Analysts as evidenced by the ability to concisely and meaningfully explain and support research conclusions, both in written and verbal formats.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in MS excel (sort, pivot tables).
What's on Offer
An opportunity as a SAR Writer