Global Leader in Engineered Materials
Reporting to VP of Supply Chain
About Our Client
Global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world. We're changing how the world uses technology. We develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets.
This role is responsible for leading the planning and execution of supply chain initiatives. Leading end to end supply planning process including demand planning, supply planning, S & OP and inbound material planning. This role will lead the development of planning strategies and implement appropriate processes to manage demand plans, manufacturing capacity, and inventory levels to fulfill sales demand, meet customer service metrics and optimize costs. This role will also be responsible for efficient flow of materials into manufacturing. The Supply Chain Planning Director reports to the VP Supply Chain.
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated supply planning process that incorporates raw materials planning, distribution planning, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory and associated cost elements. Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support managing inventory, purchasing, and material control.
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future. Analyze and update capacity and inventory plans monthly based on demand and output changes, and changes in planned customer service levels. Ensure effective translation of supply plans to master production plans to match customer demand (orders and forecast) with available resources while achieving inventory and cost objectives.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Marketing and Finance to assure consistent development and alignment of all demand and supply plans. Regularly provide updates and align with Customer Service, Operations and Logistics on issues related to: out of stocks, service issues, supplier issues, production schedule adherence, order issues, inventory metrics, and other related issues.
- Manage the end to end supply chain flow, including goal and performance management, for demand planners as well as master schedulers and material/DRP planners.
- Make appropriate decisions on supply chain planning policies (e.g. replenishment strategies for warehoused materials, make-to-stock v. make-to-order; target DOS and/or safety stock strategies).
- Accountable for key metrics: working capital (inventory to plan) On time Delivery (on-time in full), DOS (days of supply), Inventory, and supply chain costs.
The Successful Applicant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree - Operations, Engineering
- Minimum 7 years Supply Chain or Operations experience
- Proven leadership abilities and in depth knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Customer Focus and ability to get results
- Demonstrated Process improvement skills
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in matrix organization and bring numerous groups (Sales, Manufacturing, Finance) together to execute business strategies
- Able to understand and think strategically and implement long term plans; can handle both long term and short term goals simultaneously
- Proven leadership abilities and in depth knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Proven record of team management
- Strong Presentation skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Engineering/Business/Finance degree in a related discipline
- APICS or APICS related certification preferred Six Sigma Certification
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate in a team environment
- High level of product, process and customer knowledge
What's on Offer
In addition to a competitive salary package, we offer:
Comprehensive health plans that include medical, dental, and vision;
Complementary and alternative medicine coverage (CAM) to include naturopaths, nutritional counseling, acupuncture, and massage therapy;
Wellness & fitness reimbursements paid twice a year, up to $450 annually;
401(k) with company match;
Participation in discretionary bonus plan;
Employee stock ownership plan;
Generous vacation plan;
Flexible work arrangements
Life Insurance - 3x base for salaried employees at no cost;
Strong work/family and employee assistance programs;
Various employee discounts; Verizon Wireless, AT&T Wireless, Ford Partnership program, and local discount programs
Excellent training and development opportunities