- Opportunity to grow into a more senior role within the company!
- I.T. Education company with a large network of top Universities!
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing leader in the Information Technology continuing education field. They provide a solution through partnering with top Universities to help propel students into meaningful careers.
Responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Assist in preparation and review of all financial reports and business updates filed with SEC (10Q, 10k, Form 8-k, Form 4, press releases and proxy statements (this includes XBRL tagging).
- Accrual journal entries and reconciliation
- Interface with external audit teams and assist with overall administration of the comany's external audits.
- Debt journal entries
- Research and analyze technical positions and compliance efforts related to GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, including the implementation of new policies and standards.
- Prepaid journal entries and reconciliations..
- Preparation of monthly internal reports.
- Assistance with external reporting.
- Accounts Payable.
- Audit support and preparation.
- Prepare supporting documentation and schedules as requested.
- Follow up with audit staff when they have questions.
- Monthly forecasting updates.
- Assist with preparation and referencing of SEC documentation.
- Assistance and preparation of SOX internal testing.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will posses the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting (required).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with at least 5 years of experience (public/ private mix preferred).
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required.
- proficiency in Microsoft Office (required).
- Demonstrated understanding of general accounting principles.
- Self starter who can quickly learn new concepts and apply the knowledge.
What's on Offer
For the right candidate our client will offer the following:
- Generous salary up to $100k
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits