Senior Accountant - Mandarin Speaker
Leading Private Equity Firm
About Our Client
Our client is one of the best investment banks in China. They are expanding quickly in the US
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Prepare monthly stand-alone and/or consolidated financial reports.
- Prepare pro-forma financial statements and analyses.
- Prepare the journal entries, general ledgers, account analyses, reconciliations, revenue and expense accruals and variance analyses.
- Assist in developing accounting policies and procedures, and establishing internal controls to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Coordinate with external service providers on corporate/fund audits, tax return preparations, regulatory examinations and other consulting projects.
- Participate in various discussions and projects, interact with senior management and relevant stakeholders, and provide advice on product development, process improvement and rules and regulations assessments.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Abilities
- Must have an in-depth understanding of the US GAAP and regulations for asset managers;
- Strong numerical skills and able to handle and analyze large volume of data;
- Able to work independently, under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills (Mandarin is a plus);
- Good team player with excellent inter-personal skills;
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoints skills;
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Oracle Financial is preferred;
- Knowledge of asset management, specifically related to ETFs, is an advantage;
- Any prior experience in system implementation and integration is a plus.
- More than 2 years of financial services accounting experience and Big 4 is a plus
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or Finance is required; CPA preferred (MBA is desirable)
- Fluent in Mandarin
What's on Offer
- Great working environment
- Competitive compensation