- Clear Path for Progression
- Hybrid Working Schedule (2 days remote)
About Our Client
My client is the world's largest manufacturer and supplier of hydraulic valves. Last year they grew 40% in revenue and are on target to grow another 20% this year!
They are looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team! The Senior Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller who will mentor and develop the Senior Accountant to become the Accounting Manager. This role is ideal if you are looking to join an organization with a Senior Leadership team that will empower you to make decisions, pursue continuous improvement initiatives and offers ample opportunity to grow your career.
Maintaining a positive team culture is a high priority for the Controller! If you are a humble, ambitious, team oriented Accounting professional looking for an opportunity to work with a team who exudes those qualities and more, this is the opportunity for you!
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and reporting requirements
- Ensure accurate financial records and strong internal controls are in place and being followed
- Assist with maintaining general ledger
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Identify process improvements and procedures
- Collaborate with business units to develop company cash reconciliation
- Assist with inter company out-of-balance reconciliation process
- Provide additional accounting support when needed
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in accounting
- Manufacturing or distribution experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Strong business communication and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
What's on Offer
- 401K Match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Medical benefits being within 30 days of employment!
- 11 paid company holidays + PTO
- Hybrid working schedule (2 days work from home)
- Amazing collaborative team culture, fun people to work with
- Mentorship from the Assistant Controller to become the Accounting Manager