- Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
- Fast Paced, Flexible, and Evolving work environment with strong leadership
About Our Client
The biggest company you may not have heard of. This is a company that averages 4 new acqusitions a month. Went from 3 Billion in revenue to 9 Billion within 6 years. Employee head count grew from 8,000 to 16,000 within that same timeframe. Expectation is that they will double in size and go public within the next 2 years. Very strong leadership is in place and lots of opportunity for growth.
- Prepares general ledger account reconciliations for designated accounts. Proposes correcting entries.
- Prepares and posts complex monthly journal entries, including accounting for fundraising events, pledges, unrestricted and restricted funds including endowments, and investment activity.
- Prepares analyses and support schedules for annual audit and corporate tax return.
- Approves all invoices and purchase requisitions for assigned areas of the organization.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for various internal users.
- Mentors intermediate accountants or administrative staff.
- Acts as a liaison for the department in meetings with other functional areas of the organization.
- Prepares reconciliation of actual to budget variance analysis for assigned areas.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Accounting degree required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with revenue accounting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
- Public Company experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable working in an evolving, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong work ethic required
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills (including writing skills)
What's on Offer
- Competitieve compenstation package
- Fast interview process
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance