- Hybrid WFH Opportunity
- Competitive Base Salary
About Our Client
My client is a Medical Device Manufacturer located in Boston with approximately 100 employees and founded within the past 10 years. The company is growing and looking to add a Senior Accountant to the team. In this Senior Accountant role, you will be an integral part of the Finance team, supporting the month-end close process, monthly reporting and analysis, audit/compliance and revenue recognition. This role is also pivotal in maintaining/building relationships with both
internal and external stakeholders. If you are interested, please read on and apply below! This is a hybrid opportunity.
The Senior Accountant - Medical Devices will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a plan to bring accounting in house, build out internal team/resources and processes over time. Create and implement additional internal and financial controls.
- Support delivery of accurate and timely month-end variance, Board of Director's, management and investor reporting. Help create and manage standardized reporting packages to effectively communicate relevant information.
- Perform month-end close activities including reconciliations, internal review of financial statements, inventory, fixed assets, cash reconciliation, accruals, AP/AR aging and other balance sheet activity.
- Internal expert related to ASC 606 and 842, with ability to interpret complex contractual agreements to determine the proper revenue accounting treatment.
- Manage and partner with our third party accounting team of four to support month-end close process, invoice and inventory reconciliations, fixed asset depreciation schedules, and P&L variance analysis.
- Responsible for various system activities such as review of purchase orders, inventory management, expense reporting, expense coding.
- Bill.com and Concur management including expense coding, troubleshooting, operational updates, team training and onboarding, company policy compliance.
- Support audit activities including preparation of information for audit requests, implementing controls recommendations, etc.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Accountant - Medical Device will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- 5+ years accounting experience preferably in Medical Device/ Manufacturing
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in a manufacturing/inventory environment a plus
- Proficient with NetSuite
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financials controls/SOX, revenue recognition
- Experience setting up revenue recognition rules in NetSuite a plus
- Hybrid role (work in office 2-3 days per week, remote other days)
What's on Offer
The Senior Accountant - Medical Devices will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $70,000-$110,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Hybrid WFH Schedule
- Added perks