- Career Longevity
- Hyrbid Work Schedule
About Our Client
My Client is an American multinational law firm headquartered in New York City. Known as a white-shoe firm, they are recognized as a leader in business law, and is known for its impact on international affairs
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist with the Firm's partner accounts activity including but not limited to:
- Active and retired partner distributions and payments, including preparation of ACH and wire files
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Monthly maintenance and reconciliation of partner distribution, payments and capital GL accounts at the individual partner level
- Liaise with external auditors, particularly regarding the partner equity GL accounts
- Prepare annual budget for partner related GL accounts
- Preparation of partner earnings letters for partners' personal finance purposes
- Perform functions relating to the administration of the Firm's investment partnerships, including but not limited to:
- Prepare weekly cash flow reports
- Maintain/update investment fund information such as tracking of capital commitments, calls and distributions to/from the investment funds
- Process capital calls from and distributions of income to investors
- Prepare and/or coordinate subscription documents
- Record accounting entries in QuickBooks and perform monthly reconciliations
- Work as needed within the Partner Accounts & Tax Department to prepare reports and analysis used for tax compliance of the Firm and the Firm's investment partnerships
- Must be proficient in excel and ability to analyze, process and reconcile data through usage of v/h lookups, index match, pivot tables, conditional and logical formulas
The Successful Applicant
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities.
- An strong interest in partnership accounting and usage of technology to execute tasks efficiently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to establish and build partnerships in a team environment
- Bachelor's in Accounting Degree preferred
- 4-8 years of experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with law firm or fund accounting desired
- Experience with Elite 3e desired
What's on Offer