- Join a Start Up Company that is growing rapidly
- Hybrid WFH Schedule
About Our Client
My client is a Clinical Stage Pharmaceutical company with approximately 50 people in the company looking for a Senior Accountant. This position is open due to growth within the company and will report into the Assistant Controller. This position is a hybrid role with 3 days a week in the office. This position has the opportunity to grow into an Accounting Manager within the first year of working at the company. If interested, please read on!
You will prepare and review day-to-day accounting and financial reporting activities. The Senior Accountant's responsibilities will include financial reporting, operational compliance and development of policies and procedures to drive efficiency and value. This is a key role in the growth of the Finance department as it supports a growing company in the life science industry.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closes.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Monitor and analyze processes and controls for efficiencies while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Respond to inquiries from the Controller, CFO and other managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Contribute to the preparation of presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Collaborate with business owners to assess project expenditures, identifying applicable accruals and related disclosures.
- Process bi-weekly payroll in collaboration with Human Resources and 3rd party service providers.
- Prepare and review payroll accounting records and related accruals supporting the financial statement closing process.
- Work with the Assistant Controller and Finance team to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Act as a liaison between the company and the external auditors to provide the required information and ensure that proper information is maintained for recordkeeping purposes.
- Solve complex problems which require critical thinking and an in-depth evaluation of numerous factors and datapoints.
- Review contracts to identify contractual liabilities and monitor contractual milestones.
- Run Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analyses as needed.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Senior Accountant Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of combined experience in Finance and Accounting
- CPA or MBA completed or in process preferred
- Biotechnology experience preferred
- SEC experience preferred but not required
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
What's on Offer
The Senior Accountant - Pharma will be rewarded with the following:
- Base salary of $80,000-$100,000
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Hybrid WFH Schedule
- Added perks