Senior Accountant - Real Estate
Reputable Fully-Integrated Real Estate Firm
Fantastic career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a very reputable privately held Real Estate investment firm in Dallas, TX. Priding themselves in their great culture and vision, this company is vested in bringing on the right accounting professional from both a hard and soft-skill stand point. Additionally, their diverse portfolio makes this an exciting opportunity to learn and further develop your Real Estate Accounting career.
- Accounting and reporting for Development and Operating projects
- Projects will include development accounting and partnership accounting
- Prepare monthly journal entries for assigned projects (accruals, COS, sales, etc)
- Monthly review of general ledger for accuracy and completeness in accordance with Income tax basis and or GAAP.
- Be the point person for the project and development managers for assigned projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other personnel on all matters relating to the projects.
- Monthly explanation of variances to budget within predefined thresholds.
- Prepare financial statements and reporting packages as required for lenders, partners and internal business leaders
- Set up and track fixed assets. Record depreciation and amortization for all operating projects.
- Preparation of annual Income tax basis and or GAAP operating budgets, development budgets and update forecasting.
- Prepare Project Cost Summaries showing status of construction on development properties.
- Record general and limited partner's equity pick-ups, contributions and distributions related to investments in joint ventures as well as minority interest partners interest in projects.
- Accounting for property acquisitions and dispositions including waterfalls, as well as review and summarizing of related documents and preparation of journal entries, in accordance with Income tax basis and or GAAP.
- Recalculation of interest and input to journals for monthly debt service.
- Compliance with lender reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly capital calls or distributions to each of the joint venture partners, as required.
- Preparation of monthly draw package for submission to lenders and record funding.
- Prepare annual audits.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years of experience, CPA or CPA eligible is mandatory
- Real Estate development and partnership accounting experience
- Real Estate software experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented, organized, analytical, supervisory skills, possess knowledge of accounting and
- Adaptability-adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events. Desire to learn and accept new challenges.
- Problem solving-identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills-maintains confidentiality, displays a "can do" attitude. Promote a positive team spirit by giving and welcoming feedback as well as have the ability to interact and respect individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Planning/organizing-prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
What's on Offer
In return, a competitive salary, great benefits and 401K is on the offer.