Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting
Well established firm!
Great opportunity to gain experience in financial reporting.
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest financial services firms in New York.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Aid in performing the firm's consolidation monthly / quarterly, including month end and quarterly journal entries
- Reconcile / substantiate certain the firm balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparation of certain footnotes and MD&A in 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Review and substantiate financial data in the Quarterly Earnings Releases and presentations
- Work with external auditors during quarterly reviews and the annual audit
- Assist in overall review of firm's 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Assist in implementation of Hyperion Financial Management (our consolidation tool) and preparation of reports
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is required
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in public accounting or financial services industry, preferably with exposure to SEC reporting
- Advanced analytical and Excel capabilities with strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as within a team environment
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
What's on Offer
Well established firm with great exposure and growth opportunity.