- Great location in Midtown Manhattan!
- Assist in the preparation of equity-based compensation expense calculations!
About Our Client
This is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, book publishing, digital real estate services, cable network programming in Australia, and pay-tv distribution in Australia
Assist in the preparation of 10-Q and 10-K filings, including financial statements, footnote disclosures and MD&A, as well as other SEC filings to ensure timely and accurate filings
Perform detailed level tie-outs of quarterly and annual SEC filings as well as related officer transcripts
- Preparation of quarterly EPS calculations
- Assist in the completion of disclosure checklists to ensure Company compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Understanding of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statement presentation
2-3 years of experience in public accounting with exposure to SEC registrants or in a financial reporting capacity with an SEC registrant
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Comfortable working in a team and independently
- Willing and able to take on responsibility as needed
What's on Offer
- Competitive base Salary
- Get to work for a huge news media conglomerate
- Work in Midtown Manhattan
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent work life balance