Senior Accountant - Software
One of Boston's Fastest Growing Technology Companies
Be part of an award winning accounting team
About Our Client
The Senior Accountant - Software will work for one of the most exciting Boston software businesses. The company itself has been established for over 5 years and have an award winning product that is earning recognition globally. Located in Downtown Boston this opportunity truly represents an amazing chance to progress your Accounting and Finance career. If you are interested, please submit your resume and contact Chris Knight on 617-824-2649.
The Senior Accountant - Software will be responsible for the following:
- Drive and support the month end close process, including preparing and reviewing relevant journal entries, performing balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations, and performing account analysis on period over period account fluctuations.
- Ensure general ledger appropriately reflects all financial transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Participate in various accounting system automation and enhancement projects to promote more timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Review staff accountant work and support team growth.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure a complete and accurate month-end close.
- Assist with drafting and tie out of annual financial reporting and other ad hoc reporting.
- Support the external audit firm with year-end audit requests and with other ongoing audit requirements.
- Conduct technical accounting research and assist with ad hoc projects as they arise.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting related roles.
- CPA/public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Technology and SaaS industry experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel capabilities required; experience with ERP tools preferred.
What's on Offer
The Senior Accountant - Software represents one of the most exciting opportunities in accounting in Boston. The successful applicant will get the opportunity to work for one of the quickest growing companies in the technology and software space and will be rewarded with:
- High base salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Great benefits
- Potential stock options
If you are interested, please submit your resume and contact Chris Knight on 617-824-2649.