Leading Brokerage Firm
Located in Jersey City
About Our Client
My client is a leading Financial Services Firm located in Jersey City. They are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team.
- Actively participates in the Capital Markets monthly accounting close.
- Prepares recurring and one-time journal entries with proper and adequate support.
- Works with others (i.e. respective finance/accounting departments) to prepare account reconciliations.
- Assists in the timely, accurate and complete preparation of financial reporting.
- Assists in the compilation of financial commentary on monthly results.
- Prepares, reconciles and communicates accounting information.
- Participates in the development and completion of special projects as assigned.
- Responds to inquiries from management and other teams within the Corporate Accounting and Controllership function, as well as other teams outside of group, including Finance, Regulatory, Compliance, Treasury, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Assists in annual audit process with external auditors, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Performs technical accounting research.
- Keeps abreast of the business, introduction of new products, industry trends, and the impact of accounting issues on the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 3-4 years' relevant experience
- Strong foundation in accounting principles, practices and internal controls
- Brokerage accounting or Capital Markets knowledge a plus
What's on Offer
My client is a leading Financial Services Firm located in Jersey City and they are offering:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Great culture and work/life balance
- Room to grow in a leading brokerage firm