Supervise the accounting functions for an international consumer goods company
Excellent company culture to work for. Private and family owned global company.
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held global company, with a growing subsidiary in the U.S that has manufacturing and sales activities.
- Coordinate the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Direct, coordinate and oversee the external auditors.
- Prepare monthly trial balance and work with company's CPA firm to oversee monthly closing process.
- Work with company's CPA firm and actuaries to prepare information for quarterly and annual tax reporting.
- Prepare initial drafts of and track final, approved capital and operating budgets and variances.
- Track and manage payment of operating expenses, including verifying approval process was followed properly.
- Manage credit line(s), including line of credit and bank loan management and compliance with various loan covenants.
- Oversee cash flow management.
- Oversee customer invoicing.
- Manage accounts receivable and oversee follow up on late payments.
- Oversee vendor payments.
- Oversee and maintain company asset records.
- Oversee special projects as defined and directed by the company President, such as systems enhancements.
- Performs other duties as assigned, based on workload and business need.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include safety, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs duties and leads employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Collaborates with HR Manager on escalated personnel or performance issues. Notifies EHS Manager of safety concerns.
- Coaches employees to ensure correct procedures and policies are followed, promptly addresses policy violations utilizing the corrective action process.
The Successful Applicant
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting functions
- Previous experience supervising accounting professionals (training is sufficient)
- Superior organizational and time-management skills - diligent and detailed-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Proven ability to plan, manage and execute/prioritize multiple projects
- Advanced Excel skills, Oracle experience preferred.
- Effective at communicating with both internal and external customers and at all levels of management.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining good working relationships across departments.
- Able to work accurately and effectively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment; must possess sense of urgency in response to inquiries.
- Must be decisive, dependable, and discrete at handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Must possess a high degree of commitment and professionalism.
- Must be legally eligible for employment in United States and pass drug screen, reference and criminal background checks.
What's on Offer
Reporting to the regional CFO, this is a very good opportunity to co-lead a small team and be groomed into an Accounting Manager. Your main responsibilities will be accounting, audit management and internal reporting.
The business has a high volume of transactions, including e-commerce channels, thus you must be able to do "inventory counts", "internal controls", "retail" related analysis. Experience with"Access", "data queries" or "Excel" skills are mandatory to deal/analyze/make sense of high volumes of transactions.
This position is based in Sugarland, TX.