Be part of a culture driven firm that invests in its staff
Consistently growing business with over a decade behind them
About Our Client
Our client is a midsize law firm, with approximately 100 attorneys and 5 offices throughout New York State.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual closing process.
- Preparing the internal monthly financial package.
- Analyze and report monthly expense variances.
- Assist with external Corporate reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Preparation of the annual budget.
- Liaison with external auditors
- Assist with internal audit processes
- Work on various process improvement projects and consistently be seeking ways to automate / improve the internal procedures.
- Ad hoc tasks as required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years experience within a mid size law firm is highly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to utilize various industry specific software programs to maintain accurate records and generate reports (prior knowledge of Elite is preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting principles
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous overall package
- This role has been established in line with the business growth